- The primary responsibility of the Generator Technician is to Install, Diagnose, Repair, and Complete Preventive Maintenance of Industrial, Commercial and Residential Generators. This includes Generator Alternators, Engines, and Other Related equipment.
- This position has a high level of customer interaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform scheduled inspections on equipment to prevent future failure, including but not limited to load banking and analyzing voltage requirements.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and perform maintenance on equipment according to standard procedures in an efficient manner.
- Check warranty issues on generator units, thoroughly clean units, and leave them in the correct mode.
- Complete generator start-ups, ensure correct location, proper ventilation, gas line sizing requirements, and that generator is left clean and in correct mode.
- Handle single/multiple Genset and transfer switch installations/start-ups.
- Follow established expectations for communicating with Dispatch throughout the day regarding updates and next assignments.
- Work cohesively with internal and external customers to ensure complete satisfaction with time, service, and delivery.
- Serve as a technical resource for peers.
- Train and educate customers on use of equipment and value of products and services provided.
- Maintain company vehicle and associated inventory in the vehicle.
- Attend factory training on equipment and obtain successful completion of factory certification.
- Maintain accurate records of all services performed, mileage, expenses, and bill-able hours.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and regulations.
- This position reports to a specified Sirius Power location and travels to customer locations within assigned geographic area.
- A commitment to the Company’s core values of honesty, integrity, hardworking and a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet physical demands and perform the essential job functions within the work environment identified in this job description.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Repair, Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Generators, Alternators, Engines, or Related Equipment; experience with Generac, Cummins, Onan, Kohler, Cat, John Deer and/or HIPOWER preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Ability to use electrical and mechanical aptitude to determine causes of equipment error
- Experience using Electrical and Mechanical Test Equipment
- Willingness and ability to obtain factory certification
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with little guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow instructions in written, oral, and diagram form
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to use Smart Phone/Tablet Apps for Dispatching Software
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License with no major violations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, crouch and bend for extended periods of time and be able to move about in an outside, industrial, residential, and commercial environments.
- Operate computer, machinery, tools, vehicles and industrial equipment and must have the ability to use hands to move, set up, adjust, assemble, Control, test, operate, or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Constantly communicate and exchange information with team members and must be able to effectively communicate correct information with vendors.
- Read/comprehend, write, communicate orally, reasoning and analytical abilities, and mental flexibility.
- Frequently move objects up to 50 pounds. The company recommends a two person or assisted lift for objects over 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in a typical outside, industrial, residential, and/or commercial work environment.
- Occasionally work within confided spaces performing duties of the position.
- Exposure to hazardous materials, gas combustible engines, high voltage output equipment, and proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Requires wearing common protective and safety equipment. * Exposure to sound and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by weather.
- Position may involve extended work hours and travel to customer or company locations.
- This position requires travel 90% of the time.
- Employees are required to respect the wishes of the customers and when requested, wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time Off, Vacation & Hildays
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Eunice, LA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Generator Repair: 5 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel: